Spring cleaning might seem like a daunting task, but with a little love, your home will be looking brand new! Spring cleaning is essential to a happy and healthy home. From the bedrooms to bathrooms, to the living room, use this checklist to tackle every room in your home.
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check all electronics and make sure they are working properly and plugged into a surge protector.
- Check the expiration date on your fire extinguisher.
Porch and Patio
- Power wash surfaces
- Wash outdoor furniture
- De-grime screens
- Plant flowers
- Wash all bedding and pillows
- Flip mattress
- Clean out under the bed
- Organize closets and drawers
- Mop/Vacuum floors
- Clean and disinfect tub and shower
- Wash bathmats and towels
- Dust and clean sink and toilet
- Wash or replace shower liners and shower curtains
- Organize medicine cabinet/drawers
- Clean out pantry
- Wash kitchen cabinets
- Deep clean the oven
- Move the fridge- mop and vacuum behind it
- Deep clean fridge and get rid of unwanted food
- Clean countertops
- Clean dryer vents
- Clean inside of washing machine
- Wipe down iron
- Tidy up shelving
- Wash baseboards
- Dust blinds, windowsills, doors, and walls
- Wash windows, inside and out
- Replace light bulbs
- Wash drapes and blinds
- Mop and vacuum floors
When it comes to spring cleaning, be realistic. Go at your own pace. It’s not a race after all. Your reward will be an uncluttered, clean, and healthy home for yourself, and a feeling of accomplishment and pride. This guide should help you accomplish all the rooms in your home, plus the spaces you forgot about!